• A degree from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education, job-related training and/or experience.
· Experience in managing projects and staff;
· Demonstrated success coordinating protocol, logistics and administration for ceremonial events and programs; and
· Experience dealing with parliamentarians would be considered an asset.
· Good understanding of the legal, historical and cultural conditions of parliamentary institutions in Canada and abroad;
· Knowledge of ceremonies that are part of Canada’s parliamentary heritage;
• Knowledge of the Canadian parliamentary system, the legislative process and the constitutional mandate of the Senate;
· Knowledge of the current political agenda, current legislative initiatives and current domestic issues would be considered an asset; and
· Knowledge of current security issues, both domestic and international, as well as remedial approaches and applications for resolution, would also be considered an asset.
More info: http://www.parl.gc.ca/EmploymentOpportunities/viewer.aspx?DocumentFileID=5481